The St. Louis Chapter has had a lot of conversations of late about how members are filling the pipeline of skilled workers needed for their futures.
Among Chapter initiatives:
- SCHOLARSHIPS for high school and post-secondary students
- BotsSTL – St. Louis regional high school bots teams know what the Bots excitement is all about! April 2023 was a big month for our robotic teams at BotsKC. Fort Zumwalt West brought home the metal in a BIG way – the 2023 Grand Champions (their second consecutive Grand Champion win)!
- BotsKC is a manufacturing workforce development program, giving middle school, high school and collegiate bots teams opportunities to design and build remote controlled robots (Bots) to face-off in a gladiator-style competition. Through the manufacturing process of Bot building, students’ imaginations are captured as they design, build and compete with their own robotic creations. Through this hands-on effort along with industry partnerships, students gain practical knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) – all essential skills for manufacturing.
- NTMA-U – FREE to St. Louis member companies and all their employees. This unique online training was developed by NTMA member companies for their unique needs.
- INTERNSHIP AND APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMS At St. Louis members companies
- EMERGING LEADERS – seven Emerging Leaders from St. Louis are part of NTMA’s Emerging Leaders Cohort. Watch for details on how this program has impacted their careers and their companies – and how you can be part of the 2024 EL Cohort!
The St. Louis NTMA Chapter has made a strategic decision that actively supporting members’ workforce development needs is a priority.