The St. Louis Chapter has had a lot of conversations of late about how members are filling the pipeline of skilled workers needed for their futures.
Among Chapter initiatives:
- SCHOLARSHIPS for high school and post-secondary students
- BotsSTL – Join us in spring, 2021 for BotsStL! The National Robotics League (NRL) is a manufacturing workforce development program of the National Tooling & Machining Association (NTMA) where students design and build remote controlled robots (Bots) to face-off in a gladiator-style competition. Through the manufacturing process of Bot building, students’ imaginations are captured as they design, build and compete with their own robotic creations. Through this hands-on effort along with industry partnerships, students gain practical knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) – all essential skills for manufacturing.
- NTMA-U – FREE to St. Louis member companies and all their employees. This unique online training was developed by NTMA member companies for their unique needs.
- INTERNSHIP AND APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMS At St. Louis members companies
- EMERGING LEADERS – networking thru shared training and networking opportunities
The St. Louis NTMA Chapter has made a strategic decision that actively supporting members’ workforce development needs is a priority.